Also known as male breast reduction, the primary goal of the gynecomastia is to reduce the breast size in men who feel awkward and embarrassed by their overly large sized breasts. There are different reduction techniques including cutting out excess glandular tissue and liposuction, or combination of excision and liposuction. It is always a good idea to count on the expertise and experience of the board-certified plastic surgeon.
Nearly forty to sixty per cent men suffer from overly large breasts making them appear feminine. This condition is known as Gynecomastia. With male breast reduction surgery, no longer you have had to live with this condition with excess fatty tissue that not only knocks your confidence but also makes you feel embarrassed. At MCosmeticSurgeryIndia, we are working closely with some of the leading and reputed plastic surgeons who have expertise in performing Gynecomastia surgery. You can count on us and make your stay for the procedure comfortable and hassle-free.
When is the right time to consider gynecomastia treatment?
- If you want to boost your social confidence
- If you wish to enhance your overall body proportions
- If you feel reluctant and hesitant to swim, to participate in sports, exercise at a gym
- If you feel and experience psychological discomfort resulting from enlarged breasts
How is the surgery performed?
If you are considering this procedure then it is important for you to know about the procedure. as mentioned above, the goal of Gynecomastia is to restore a normal breast contour and to correct deformities of the areola, nipple or breast. Surgical options are excision, liposuction or a combination of both methods. Glandular breast tissue is much denser compared to fatty tissue and thus is not the right choice for liposuction.
- The choice of surgical method depends on the factors such as possibility of skin redundancy after surgery. Skin shrinkage is greater in younger patients than older ones.
- The common approach is Webster incision, or intra-areolar incision that extends along the circumference of the bottom half of the areola in the pigmented part.
- The length of the incision depends on your anatomy.
- In severe cases of gynecomastia, moving the nipple that is nipple transposition and skin resection that is surgical removal of a structure or part of an organ might be necessary.
- Minimally invasive male breast reduction procedures have gained immense popularity. In the ‘pull-through method’, a very small incision is made at the areolar edge. After liposuction, the glandular tissue from the overlying area is pulled through the incision. The smaller incision is the main advantage of this procedure. This method is used in well-selected patients.
- Ultrasonic liposuction has improved the outcomes of gynecomastia correction. In liposuction-assisted male breast reduction, there is less blood loss, areola slough and nipple distortion. Also, post-surgery complications and risks are fewer with this method when compared to open surgical resection. However, this type of method is not effective for correcting glandular gynecomastia. The glandular and fatty components of your breasts must be examined and assessed by the plastic surgeon before surgery. Few patient can be treated with liposuction only.
Make sure you adhere to the instructions given by the surgeon for healthy, safe and quick healing and recovery.