In today’s figure conscious society, many women strive to achieve the hourly-glass figure by doing rigorous exercise and diet. However, it is often that they are not able to get rid of stubborn fat deposits on tummy. This is exactly where a tummy tuck surgery can come to your rescue. It is one of the most effective plastic surgery procedures for women who want to get a firmer, flatter and toned belly.
In some people, the localised fat deposits in the abdominal region combined with muscle laxity can make hopes of having flat tummy difficult to achieve. This becomes all the more difficult in women who have loose and stretched skin after pregnancy. By undergoing tummy tuck surgery, you can be assured of having the well-shaped tummy.
Detailed procedure information
How is Abdominoplasty done?
In this plastic surgery procedure, the plastic surgeon would remove your loose abdominal skin and tighten the abdominal muscles with sutures.
- The cosmetic surgeon would mark the abdomen to indicate the location of the incisions, the location of the repositioning navel and the centre of the torso.
- The main tummy tuck incision would be made above the pubic mound, from one hipbone to the other. In a full tummy tuck procedure, another incision is made around the navel. While performing a mini-abdominoplasty, a shorter incision is made.
- Then the doctor would loose the skin from the abdominal wall to the ribcage and then suture in the fascia of abdominal muscles pulling them into a tighter position. This is the muscle repair part of the procedure.
- Once the abdominal muscles have been sutured, the surgeon would remove excess fat deposits by liposuction or any other method. Then the abdominal skin is stretched down over the incision line and then the excess skin is removed.
- In the next step, your plastic surgeon would mark the placement of your navel. Even though the skin surrounding the navel has been moved, the navel should always be in the same place. The doctor would cut a hole through the re-draped skin and suture it around your navel.
- • The plastic surgeon will use steri-strips, staples or tissue glue for closing the incisions.
The main goal of your plastic surgeon and staff is to help you achieve the desired and the best results and make your entire surgical experience comfortable.
It is strongly recommended to follow the instructions given by the surgeon for fast and timely healing and recovery. After the surgery is done, you along with the caretaker will be given a set of instructions that you have to adhere to.
At MCosmeticSurgeryIndia, we help you get connected to some of the most renowned, qualified and experienced plastic surgeons who have expertise in performing the tummy tuck surgery.